My COVID-19 response
While I have worked exclusively through telehealth from March through to the beginning of August, I have since then started to see some of my clients in person.
I have moved to a larger office space - suite #416 - in the same office building, which allows me to keep a 6 feet distance between me and my clients in the therapy room.
Please find my current Covid-19 safety protocol here:
Office Safety Precautions in Effect During the Pandemic
In my office I am taking the following precautions to protect my clients and help slow the spread of the coronavirus.
- Office seating in the therapy room has been arranged for appropriate physical distancing. There are two strips of masking tape indicating the 6 ft distance between therapist and client seating.
- I can wear a mask if requested.
- We maintain safe physical distancing. Physical contact is not permitted.
- Hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol is available just inside the outer office door for your use, as well as inside the therapy room for our use. There is also a sink in the waiting room for handwashing if preferred.
- Restrooms are equipped with soap dispensers and hand sanitizer, and signage encouraging hand hygiene is posted.
- I disinfect the restroom key after every use.
- I ask all clients to wait in their cars or outside until no earlier than 5 minutes before their appointment times.
- I schedule appointments at specific intervals and have implemented the following safety protocol, so that there are no other clients in the waiting room during your appointment time.
- Clients are asked to wait outside my office door about 6 feet away. At the time of our appointment I will open both doors, greet you and stand back outside the office, letting you enter in front of me. You will come through, use the provided hand sanitizer (or use the sink to wash your hands if that is preferred), and sit or stand near the window end of the blue couch. I will close both doors, sanitize my hands and sit down in my chair. There are two strips of masking tape indicating 6 ft between our chairs for your reference.
- I am not offering water or tea refreshments at this time as a precautionary measure. Instead, I invite clients to bring your own water or other refreshment.
- There is a table, pens, paper, tissue box and cue cards just for your use by the couch. I remove and disinfect pens, as well as therapy equipment (e.g. spiky balls, etc) after each use. Feel free to dispose of the first tissue out of the box, and use subsequent ones.
- If Theratappers are used for bilateral stimulation, they are sanitized between each use.
- I wipe and disinfect door handles and the open client table area for your water bottle between each client.
- Tissues and trash bins are easily accessed. Trash is disposed of on a frequent basis.
- The Central Building management has installed a touchless sanitizer dispenser just inside the building by the View street entrance.